I work with a broad range of behavioral, emotional, cognitive, learning, and medical disorders affecting individuals, couples, and families.
In addition to clinical training, I have advanced training in theology, education and crisis management. I use clinical supervision which expands clinical expertise, judgment and quality of care.
Over time, I have found individuals who are most able to benefit from our work together:
- Offer and receive direct and honest feedback
- Try new behaviors which may be uncomfortable
- Understand no person (including a counselor) can "fix" another person
- Appreciate a sense of humor
- Are able to demonstrate honesty, authenticity and vulnerability
As with any relationship, therapy works best when there is trust, mutual respect, and a sense of connection. If you think we may be a good fit to work with one another, call me at 224-286-1110 or email me at Patrick@PatrickAmesCounseling.com to set up a 15-minute complimentary phone consultation. This phone call is used to assess the goodness of fit of a therapeutic match, not for treatment or diagnosis. If we find that we are not a good fit at the end of this phone call, I will give you referrals of therapists that might be a better match for you.
- adult caregiving issues
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- end-of-life issues
- geriatric issues
- occupational/workplace dynamics
- perinatal death
- physical, sexual, emotional abuse
- relationship problems including sexual relationships
- self-esteem issues
- spiritual care
- stress management
- transition from hospital to home, or extended care center